If you have any questions or problems, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Regarding the Services Meetlist UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Dorfstraße 31, 32479 Hille (“Meetlist”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
1. COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USAGE OF DATA
a) In order to use the Meetlist services, we need personal information such as your name, date of birth, hometown, gender, e-mail address and password (these personal information together also the “Personal Data”). The password is encrypted and cannot be seen by anyone. Regarding your age, we might process such data also in order to verify whether you are old enough to use the App and to provide to you all functionalities of the App. We use the information about your hometown for example to be able to show you Meets (which are happening in your hometown), even if you turn off your device’s geo location and to provide to you further functionalities of the App.
b) Upon registration, a random user ID is generated. With the help of this ID we can allocate your Meetlist activities such as vibe; subscribed categories; currently created, participating and past events; your subscriptions, following and followers; profile settings; the Personal Data as well as the place and time of the last login (which are e.g. important for the next login). Furthermore, we also store data on the language in which you use the App in order to to provide to you the App and respective content in your preferred language.
c) We can only provide full functionalities of the App to you, if you grant access to your mobile device’s geo location. Because of that, you will be asked by your device whether location data may be used, when you use the App for the first time. By not allowing this or deactivating this functionality later on in the settings of your mobile device, you should be aware of that the App or at least certain functionalities and features of the App might not work/not be accessible to you.
When creating events (“Meets”), we store all related information. This also includes the venue and thus the address. This is necessary to provide the functionalities of the App.
d) If by law the disclosure of your Personal Data is required, we might disclose your Personal Data. This could be for example the case upon request of a court or of law enforcement authorities.
e) Certain data which is transmitted by your mobile device while using the App, is collected by us, in particular, to be able to differentiate real App users from bots. They are also used to block abusive content which was reported by other users and to prevent abusive behaviour. This is the data which is transmitted by your mobile device and which is also collected by us: The operating system of your device (iOS or Android), the type of your device you use (e.g. iPhone, Google Pixel), your IP address, the date of the registration of your account and the periods of time in which you use the App.
f) The following data is automatically transmitted by your browser while visiting our Website, which is necessary to access the Website, in particular:
- the IP address
- the date and time of the request
- the browser type
- the language and version of the browser software
- the operating system
g) If you use the request form on the Website or a different way to provide information to us, then your data will be processed to us in order to answer your respective request.
h) We use the information we have at our disposal to send you marketing communications and to communicate with you about our products.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data described above in
- section 1.a is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests are that we use and analyze the respective data to improve the App. For example we try to get a better understanding about your interests and we want to give you a better user experience and make it more personal to you. Also we want to give you a better service by providing you features exclusive to your specific demographics; With regard to your age we have an interest to verify whether you are old enough to use the App and providing you all functions of the App).
- section 1.b (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (fulfilment of contract and pre-contractual measures).
- section 1.c is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (fulfilment of contract and pre-contractual measures) and Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interest is that all functionalities of the App can only be provided to the user, if respective geo location data is processed).
- section 1.d is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR (legal obligation).
- section 1.e (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests are that we block abusive content, we prevent abusive behavior and we need to differentiate real users from bots).
- section 1.f (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests to use such data yields from the fact that it is impossible to access the Website without such data).
- section 1.g is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests are that we have to process the respective data to be able to answer your request).
- section 1.h (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests are that we have a legitimate interest in direct marketing as long as the marketing takes place in compliance with data protection and competition law requirements).
2. THE USAGE OF ANALYZING, ADVERTISING AND OTHER TOOLS
We use the following tools to better understand user preferences through user actions:
- We use the Facebook Software Development Kit (“Facebook SDK”) of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) with regard to the App. The Facebook SDK allows us to analyze anonymized behavioral data, in particular the counting of active users and activity events (e.g. creation of Meets, replies, participations). For further information regarding the Facebook SDK please visit https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios?locale=en_GB and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/android?locale=en_GB. We do not get any access to data or accounts from Facebook. Pseudonymized certain data of you might be submitted to the servers of Facebook in the USA. Facebook complies (to our best knowledge ) with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the use, collection and retention of personal information from EU member countries. Also Facebook has certified that it adheres to the relevant Privacy Shield Principles.
- The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyze how you use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. We use Google Analytics with the additional feature offered by Google for the anonymization of IP addresses: Google’s IP address is usually shortened within the EU and only in exceptional cases in the US. In any case they are saved in a shortened form.You can object to the collection or evaluation of your data by this tool by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Or you can use this link at any time, to disable/enable GoogleAnalytics on this website:
You can deactivate or reactivate the tracking via Facebook Pixel at any time by clicking on this link:
- This website uses Google Tag Manager, which allows site tags from applications such as Google Analytics can be managed over a surface. The tool Google (which implements the tags on this page and activated) Tag Manager itself is a cookie-free domain and does not collect personal data. The tool ensures the triggering of other tags, in turn, collect the data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation was performed on domain or cookie-level, this will remain for all tracking tags that are implemented with Google Tag Manager.
The legal basis for the processing of the data described in the sections 2 (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests to use such data is that we analyze and use the respective data (i) to improve our Services, for example we want to gain a better understanding of your interests and needs regarding our Services, (ii) to help personalize your user experience, (iii) to protect the App against bots, abusive users and / or content by recognizing user patterns, (iv) to make you certain features of the Services accessible (without the use of such data some of the functionalities of the Services might not work or might not be accessible (this applies to the tools mentioned above in sections 2 1., 2., 3., 4.; with regard to item (iv) such processing of data is also based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (fulfilment of contract and pre-contractual measures)).
If you decide to deactivate (some of) the tools described in this section 2 (to the extent this is possible), please note that certain features and functionalities of the Services might not work or might not be accessible to you.
3. SUBCONTRACTORS AND THE TECHNICAL IMPLEMENTATION OF THEIR SERVICES
In some cases we use service providers who process Personal Data on our behalf to operate the technical platform for the Services. This data is only processed according to our instructions (order processing). The legal basis for this (section 3) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (performance of contract and pre-contractual measures) and Art. 28 GDPR (order processing).
4. Registration and Sign in via Facebook-Login
In order to make the registration process easy for the user, we also offer the possibility to register / sign in via the personal Facebook account. By taking advantage of this offer, we will receive the data needed to register / sign in your account from Facebook (e.g. email address, name).
We do not have any influence on the scope of the data collected by Facebook through the use of the Facebook-Login. Therefore, you should not use the Facebook-Login if you do not want that Facebook, through your use of our services, collects information about you and use it for their own purposes.
5. ABOUT THE DURATION OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
Data security is very important to us. But you should always be aware of the fact, that the submission of information over the internet is never completely secure. Therefore the security of your information, which you submit via our Services by use of the internet, cannot be guaranteed by us.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You are allowed to request information about your Personal Data which is stored by us, at any time. You have also the rights, in case that the legal requirements are met, to request from us access to and erasure and rectification or restriction of processing concerning your Personal Data. Also you have the rights to object the processing of your Personal Data and to receive from us your Personal Data (in a structured and machine-readable format). You are also allowed to transfer this data to other parties.
If you have given your agreement to the use of personal data, you can revoke such consent at any time (for the future).
If in your opinion the way how we process your Personal Data violates the applicable data protection laws, you can submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority for data protection.
You can contact us, for example, via firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by using the contact info contained in the App or on the Website.